I’ve been wanting to make homemade dog biscuits in the shape of a dog bone for quite a while. It took me forever to find the perfect size dog bone cookie cutter. Now that I’ve found one, though, I immediately needed to whip up a batch of biscuits!
While I had a blast baking these homemade biscuits, it’s my dogs who are truly having a good time. I tried out a new recipe, and let me tell you, my babies are obsessed! There’s something about the peanut butter, pumpkin, and coconut oil combo that they absolutely love. They sound like they would taste good, right?!
Along with a pleasant flavor, the biscuits are extremely healthy. That’s the best part of making your own dog treats. There are no preservatives or harmful chemicals. *Full recipe below!
- - 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- - 1/2 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- - 1 cup water
- - 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- - 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- Preheat Oven to 350º
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, add the peanut butter, pumpkin, flour, water and coconut oil. (no need to melt the coconut oil, solid is fine)
- Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Knead the dough until it forms a big ball.
- Flatten the dough ball either with your fingers or with a rolling pin. Spread the dough out to approximately 1/4” in thickness.
- Press your cookie cutter into the dough and cut out the biscuit.
- Place it on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks OR freeze for up to 3 months.
- If your dog has a wheat sensitivity, you can switch out the flour to an oat, rice or coconut flour. The consistency may just be a little different.