Since launching this blog in 2016, I’ve had the pleasure of trying and reviewing dozens of dog-related products. While I share many of my favorites in my regular blog posts, I wanted to create a one-stop-spot for you that’s filled with quality resources. The products listed and linked on this page are all ones that I personally use and love. Scroll through to find my most-used cooking ingredients, handy kitchen tools, professional grooming supplies, quality training tools, travel gear, and much more.
Check back often – I will continue to update this Resouces page as I learn about new and exciting dog products!
Proud Dog Mom Resources
- Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Ground Almond Flour
- Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Flour
- Bob’s Red Mill Oat Flour
- Bob’s Red Mill Brown Rice Flour
- Bob’s Red Mill Buckwheat Flour
- Bob’s Red Mill Finely Ground Tapioca Flour
- LiveKuna Organic White Quinoa Flour
- Ground Chia Seeds
- Ground Flax Seeds
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin Pureé
- Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter
- Simply Organic Turmeric
- Simply Organic Ginger
- OXO Oven Thermometer – Since everyone’s oven is different, I encourage you to use an oven thermometer to ensure accuracy. While I’ve tried a few different kinds, OXO is one of my absolute favorite brands when it comes to kitchen tools.
- OXO Mixing Bowls – I always buy mixing bowls in sets of three so I can have a small, medium, and large. While I also have a glass set, I usually use these OXO mixing bowls that feature a non-slip base and hand grip. They’re BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
- OXO 2 Cup Liquid Measuring Cup – What makes this liquid measuring cup different than others is the patented angled surface, which also lets you read measurements from above (so there’s no need to crouch down, check, and adjust). I’m also a huge fan of the comfortable hand grip.
- OXO Dry Measuring Cups 6-Piece Set – Measuring cups are a definite must when baking homemade dog treats. I love this set by OXO because it includes 2/3 and 3/4 cup measurements for convenience—I get a lot of use out of those.
- OXO Measuring Spoons – Aside from liking my measuring spoons to visually match my measuring cups, these OXO spoons come in 7 different measurements.
- OXO Whisk – This whisk features a comfortable grip and durable stainless steel wires, which really comes in handy when working with thicker batters!
- Good Cook Classic Wooden Rolling Pin – There are several different types of rolling pins on the market, but I personally love one with handles. I find them easier to work with. While I have both a plastic and classic wooden rolling pin stored in my kitchen cabins, I tend to favor my classic wooden pin. In my opinion, it feels more durable.
- Reynolds Parchment Paper Single Sheets – I stock up on Reynolds parchment paper rolls and single sheets. But I find the single sheets way cleaner and easier!
- Silicone Baking Mat – I tend to bake on parchment paper and use a silicone mat on my counter when rolling dough to create a non-slip surface. Truly, any baking mat will do. But this set of two mats is both durable and affordable.
- Rachael Ray Baking Sheets (Set Of 3) – This set of non-stick baking sheets is a #1 seller on Amazon and I can see why. Along with the great quality, I like that three come in a set. Since the majority of my biscuit recipes make enough to fill two baking sheets, it’s always nice to have multiple on hand.
- Cooling Rack – When you pull your treats out of the oven, you will want to transfer them to a wire rack to cool. This 10″ x 16″ rack by Baker’s Secret is perfect!
- Wilton Mini Muffin Tins – Even if you have a large dog, baking treats in a mini-muffin tin creates a nice portion size. I stock up on Wilton brand since they’re non-stick and affordable.
- Wilton 4-Set Dog Shape Cookie Cutters (Larger Size) – This was the first dog-themed cookie cutter set I purchased after deciding to make homemade treats. And it’s still one of my go-to sets today!
- R&M Mini Dog Bone Cookie Cutter – The dog bone that came in my Wilton set (above) creates a great medium-size treat, but I also like to keep a mini one on hand since I have two small dogs. I find the R&M brand is durable and great quality.
- Mini Paw Print Silicone Baking Mold – I use my K9 Cakery silicone molds regularly when making pup cakes, puppy frittatas, and other dog-approved quiches. After using this mold for about two years, I’m happy to report that it’s still in great shape. It doesn’t stain and is safe in heat up to 450ºF.
- Mini Bone Silicone Baking Mold – So I have some variety, I also give my K9 Cakery bone a good workout!
- Professional Grooming Table – I’ve had my grooming table for about a decade and it’s still in great shape today! Whether you just do the basics at home (like baths, nail trims, combing, ear cleaning, etc) or you full on trim and shave, a grooming table will come in handy.
- OmegaPet De-shedding Brush – If you have a little one who sheds then this is going to be a must-have tool! I had the pleasure of reviewing the OmegaPet de-shedding brush—read my thoughts here. My favorite part? It’s easy to clean. With the press of a button, a plastic piece protrudes out from under the blade, pushing the hair forward. This allows you to grab and remove the hair with ease.
- Dog Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush – Does your pup have awful mats in his hair that you struggle to get out? This brush will help break through knots and tangles. The fine bristles are designed to penetrate deep into the coat without scratching your companion’s skin. This brush also has an easy clean-up button!
- De-Matting Tool To Remove Tangles, Knots, and Dead Hair – This is another type of de-matting tool for those really hard to get tangles and knots.
- Stainless Steel Finishing Comb – While this is another tool that is great for eliminating tangles and loose hairs, I mainly use it for fluff and finish. I can always tell a clear difference when my girl is freshly combed and styled!
- OmegaPet Nail Clippers – I had the pleasure of reviewing these scissor-style nail clippers a few months back and they remain my favorite pair of clippers today. They feature a quality grip, heavy duty stainless steel, safeguard to help prevent over-trimming, and built-in nail file. These nail clippers come in two sizes!
- Styptic Powder – While you always want to avoid your pup’s quick when cutting his nails, accidents happen. For those unplanned times, it’s important to keep a bottle of styptic powder in arm’s reach. This is the brand that I use and trust!
- Petkin Paw Wipes – I like to wipe my pups’ paws after they come in from a long walk. I mean, who knows what germs and bacteria their paws pick up when strolling the neighborhood or visiting the local hiking trail?! These wipes offer a fresh smell.
- OmegaPet Ear Cleaner – If you have a poodle or other dog breed that is prone to ear infections then keeping a bottle of ear cleaner close by is essential. This gentle and natural formula helps to eliminate odors and fight infections. There are no parabens, preservatives, or sulfates. Rather, it contains gentle ingredients such as coconut and palm oil and citric extracts, which I find help ease my pup’s itches. Because there is nothing worse than an itch your pup can’t scratch!
- Andis Professional Corded Clippers – I’ve been shaving poodle hair with these clippers for several years. I like that it features two speeds, has good power behind it, and there is an extremely large variety of clipper blades available for any cut.
- Wahl Professional Cordless Clippers – This is perhaps my favorite clipper of all time and I have nothing but great things to say about it. It comes with two rechargeable batteries, so I always have an extra in case one runs out or I forget to charge one. Also, unlike your average clipper, this clipper never overheats. So I don’t have to worry about accidental burns after the blade has been running for a little while. It’s gentle on faces and genital areas. All around – this is a great grooming product!
Dog Dental Care
- Petrodex Poultry Flavor Dog Toothpaste
- Dual Head Dog Toothbrush Set
- Dog Finger Toothbrush Set
- Brite Bite Brushing Stick (Dog Toy That Brushes Your Dog’s Teeth As He Plays)
- Project Paws Dental Wipes
- Midwest Wire Dog Crate
- Midwest Exercise Pen (8-Panel)
- Clicker For Clicker Training
- Project Paws Freeze Dried Chicken (a 1-ingredient treat that’s great for training) – I’m very picky about what store-bought treats I will feed my dogs. As you likely already know, I usually just make their treats at home. My one exception is the Project Paws freeze dried treats. They’re only made from one ingredient and don’t contain any red-flag preservatives. Plus, my dogs love them!
Interactive Dog Toys To Beat Boredom
- Nina Ottosson Interactive D0g Puzzles
- Tug-a-Jar Food Dispensing Dog Puzzle
- Classic Kong Small 2-Pack
- Classic Kong Medium 2-Pack
- Classic Kong Large 2-Pack
- Project Play Stuffable Brain Ball
- PortoBallo – the Stuffable, Chuckable, High Bouncing Oddly Shaped Ball Toy
Dog Travel Gear
- IMK9 Car Hammock – Not all car hammocks are created equal and let me tell you—this one is great quality. Not only does it protect my car seats from my two small pups, but I even let a good friend of mine borrow it for a road trip with her Doberman and it held up beautifully.
- Kurgo Car Booster Seat For Dogs
- Kurgo Dog Harness and Seat Belt
- Kurgo Portable Travel Water/Food Bowls
- Kurgo Dog Travel Shower Head (attaches to a water bottle)
- Portable Gel Cooling Pad (to help your pup beat the summer heat)