I have a delicious and nutritious treat that both you and your canine companion will love sharing – Mini Turkey Loaf Muffins! This is a satisfying snack made from five gluten-free, grain-free, and all-natural ingredients. You’re going to be amazed how simple they are to whip up. Watch my video tutorial as I show you step-by-step how to make your own batch:
The Beneficial Ingredients
Turkey – Sure, you have probably heard the warnings about sharing your holiday turkey with your dogs. That’s because holiday turkeys are typically jazzed up with extra ingredients that aren’t safe for our pups. Plain turkey, though, is an amazing source of protein! In fact, you may even see turkey listed as the main protein in some high-quality dog foods.
Pumpkin – Loaded with fiber, pumpkin purée is great for your dog’s digestive health. Just make sure to use 100% pure pumpkin purée and not pumpkin pie filling, which is loaded with not-so-good-for-your-dog spices and sugar!
Vegetables – Just like how veggies are super healthy for humans, they’re also beneficial for our four-legged love bugs. The frozen peas and carrots in these treats offer a nice boost of key vitamins and minerals.
Almond Flour – Used as a binder in this recipe, almond flour is both gluten-free and grain-free (perfect for dogs who suffer from an intolerance).
Egg – Also used to help bind the ingredients in this recipe, eggs provide another protein boost!
- - Coconut oil, to grease muffin tin
- - 1 pound lean ground turkey
- - 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- - 1/2 cup almond flour
- - 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- - 1 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease two mini muffin tins with coconut oil.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mix all ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- There is no need to defrost the peas and carrots - just use frozen.
- Store turkey load muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.