This is a treat your dogs are bound to go nuts over!
Seriously, since I first created this homemade dog biscuit recipe a while back, I knew it would become one of my go-to pup snacks. Made with a mixture of almond and coconut flour, this easy-to-make treat is naturally grain-free (which I love). Plus, once baked, it creates a super crunchy texture (which my dogs love).
A Few Health Benefits
- Almond flour provides healthy fats, protein, fiber, magnesium, and vitamin E.
- Coconut flour offers fiber, iron, and a small amount of protein.
- Peanut butter is packed with protein and healthy fats.
- Ground flax seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and a small amount of protein.
- Ground ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and is known to aid digestion.
Want More Healthy Dog Treat Recipes Like This?
Get your paws on a copy of my dog treat cookbook, Proud Dog Chef: Tail-Wagging Good Treat Recipes. Filled with 60 gluten-free and grain-free recipes that range from biscuits and pupcakes to jerky and veggie chips, your canine companion is in for a real treat!
How To Make Your Own Nutty For Nut Dog Biscuits
- - 2 cups super-fine almond flour
- - 1/2 cup coconut flour
- - 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- - 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- - 1/2 cup peanut butter
- - 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, ground flaxseeds, and ground ginger. Whisk together.
- Add peanut butter and water. Mix together.
- Kneed mixture until it forms a dough ball.
- Roll dough ball out to approximately 1/4 inch thick and use cookie cutter to stamp out biscuits.
- Bake in 350º oven for 18-20 minutes. They should come out crunchy!
- *Since this recipe is loaded with healthy fats, the dough will be a bit greasy. That's why, when rolling out this dough, I like to cover my dough ball with a piece of parchment paper and then use a rolling pin to flatten.