This is a treat your dogs are bound to go nuts over! Seriously, since I first created this homemade dog biscuit recipe a while back, I knew it would become one of my go-to pup snacks. Made with a mixture of almond and coconut flour, this easy-to-make treat is naturally grain-free (which I love). Plus, once baked, it creates a super crunchy texture (which my dogs love).
A Few Health Benefits
- Almond flour provides healthy fats, protein, fiber, magnesium, and vitamin E.
- Coconut flour offers fiber, iron, and a small amount of protein.
- Peanut butter is packed with protein and healthy fats.
- Ground flax seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and a small amount of protein.
- Ground ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and is known to aid digestion.
Grain-Free Nutty For Nut Bones Dog Biscuits
- 2 cups super-fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, ground flaxseeds, and ground ginger. Whisk together.
- Add peanut butter and water. Mix together.
- Knead mixture until it forms a dough ball.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough ball out to approximately 1/4 inch thick and use a cookie cutter to stamp out biscuits.
- Bake in 350º oven for 18-20 minutes. They should come out crunchy!