I know what you’re thinking: What is going on with pet food manufacturers this week?! After publishing three recall alerts this week in connection with possible salmonella contamination, another food brand is notifying customers about the same issue.
Darwin’s Natural Pet Products has issued a recall for select lots of their ZooLogics dog food due to possible Salmonella bacteria contamination. Customers who serve Darwin’s to their dog should look out for:
- ZooLogics Chicken and Vegetable Meals for Dogs
- ZooLogics Duck and Vegetable Meals for Dogs
A Message From The Company
It’s always best to check your pet’s food labels to ensure your meals aren’t part of a recall. In an email from Darwin’s Founder Gary Tashjian, though, he stated the company has already notified customers who received the recalled meals.
He went on to say:
“We believe most of this product has already been consumed, for the most part without incident, as most dogs’ and cats’ digestive systems are able to process pathogens such as Salmonella without harm.”
“We are aware of a single case of a pet being affected, which involved a dog who was already ill with other conditions.”
Feed This Food?
If your pooch has eaten any of the recalled foods, let your vet know. If your dog hasn’t eaten this food, but you have some in your home, you should:
- Seal the recalled food in a plastic bag.
- Safely and securely throw it in your garbage making sure that no other animals can get to it.
- Thoroughly wash your hands and any surfaces that the food may have come in contact with. There is a risk to humans from handling contaminated products.
- Call Darwin’s and report it.
If you have any further product concerns or questions, you can contact Darwin’s Natural Pet Products at:
- Email Address: info@ darwinspet.com
- Phone Number: 877-738-6325
Other Recent Recalls
In case you missed Proud Dog Mom’s email notifications, you can find out about the other recent dog food recalls here:
- Raws for Paws pulled certain food products after the Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) found Salmonella in some packages of their Turkey Pet Food. Read the full recall alert here.
- The dog treat company Smokehouse Pet Products, Inc is recalling their all-natural beef dog treats after inspectors found Salmonella. Read the full recall alert here.
- Redbarn Pet Products LLC is voluntarily recalling a selection of their bully sticks due to possible Salmonella contamination. Read the full recall alert here.