There are a wide variety of dangerous pet parasites that can infect your fur baby, leading to severe illness or even death. When I first brought my Diego and Gigi home, I made sure to immediately schedule a vet appointment and get them checked out. Luckily, all of the parasite tests came back negative. I figured they would since they didn’t show any signs or symptoms. Still, though, it’s extremely important to get your fur baby checked by a vet.
I came across this “Top 10 Most Dangerous Pet Parasites” infographic by Entirely Pets on Pinterest the other day. I think it has some great information that all pet owners should know. If your dog is showing any of the warning signs and symptoms mentioned on this list, make sure to get your pup checked by a vet ASAP. It’s pretty easy to check for parasites. Your vet will either run a blood test or need a stool sample (depending on what parasite they’re testing for). It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
The Top 10 Most Dangerous Pet Parasites
Via Entirely Pets
By monitoring your dog closely, you should be able to avoid most of these dangerous pet parasites!