Do you constantly chase your dogs around the house yelling, “What’s in your mouth? DROP IT … DROP IT!” If that sounds familiar, then this post is for you! Sure, most dog moms know that chocolate is toxic for our furry friends. According to the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center, though, chocolate calls make up six percent of their total call volume (that’s more than 30 calls a day)! As Halloween approaches, it’s important to be extremely careful with what treats you leave lying around your house. My friends over at Orvis put together this great infographic, highlighting how dangerous chocolate is for our little ones!
Dogs and Candy: Sweet Safety Infographic by Orvis.
If you think your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, contact your vet immediately and/or call the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center – (888) 426-4435.