I cannot believe my little boy is three years old today! It feels like just yesterday that I got in my car and drove to meet Diego for the first time. He could fit in the palm of my hand and had to wear a cat collar because his neck was too small for even the smallest of small dog collars. Now he’s all grown up. He’s a 5-pound man!
To celebrate his birthday, we made Diego something new — Peanut Butter Pupcakes. Since we make so many different treats, we love experimenting. Let me tell you … Diego and his party guests all went crazy for them!
Of course, it doesn’t have to be your dog’s birthday for you to make him these homemade pupcakes. I promise he will thank for you it!
Plus, these treats are so easy to throw together. Just mix the ingredients listed below by hand, put your dough in a mini muffin tray, bake, and serve!
A lot of people ask me about gluten-free dog treats. If you like your dog to avoid gluten then these treats are perfect! Plus, they’re also preservative-free, which makes them a way better option than the store-bought stuff!
Easy Peanut Butter Pupcakes
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (Plus, more for greasing)
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease mini muffin tin with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together brown rice flour and coconut flour. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together peanut butter, water, egg, and coconut oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together with a spoon or a fork until thoroughly combined. If needed, knead the dough with your hands.
- Pack dough into mini muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. They will not rise.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the edges become golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Since they are slightly doughy when cooked, I break them in pieces to feed to my fur babies. They get very excited to eat them so it slows them down a bit and they don’t swallow big chunks.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week.
- To extend the shelf life you can freeze them and take them out as needed