These mini meatballs are the perfect dog treat. Yes, seriously! With only four ingredients, they’re simple to make and super healthy. That’s not to mention, these doggy-approved mini meatballs are oober tasty. Just toss one to your pooch and I bet his tail will wag a mile a minute!
Watch to see how easy these treats are to make:
A Look at What’s Inside
Turkey – Sure, you have probably heard the warnings about sharing your holiday turkey with your dogs. That’s because holiday turkeys are typically jazzed up with extra ingredients that aren’t safe for our pups. Plain turkey, though, is an amazing source of protein! In fact, you may even see turkey listed as the main protein in some high-quality dog foods.
Sardines – This recipe calls for half a can of skinless, boneless, wild-caught sardines in water. They’re a great source of protein and Omega-3 fatty acids. Plus, they offer a nice dose of various minerals and vitamins, such as vitamins D and B12.
Almond Flour – Used as a binder in this recipe, almond flour is both gluten-free and grain-free (perfect for dogs who suffer from intolerance).
Egg – Also used to help bind the ingredients in this recipe, the egg provides another protein boost!
In this recipe, you’ll need baking sheets, parchment paper, and either a mixing bowl or a KitchenAid.
If you watched the video above, you’ll notice I used my KitchenAid to mix everything together with ease. If you don’t have one — no big deal. You can easily add everything into a mixing bowl and just mix with your hands. But, I will say, if you’ve ever considered getting a KitchenAid then it’s definitely worth the splurge!
*Don’t forget to check out my official Amazon storefront. It’s filled with cooking supplies, dog treat ingredients, grooming tools, travel gear, interactive dog puzzles, collars/harnesses/leashes, clothes, and much more. All from brands that I personally use and love! So, now (almost) everything is in one convenient place.
4-Ingredient Doggy Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- ½ can sardines, (boneless, skinless, in water, no salt added)
- ½ cup super-fine almond flour
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. (If using a large baking sheet then you may just need 1). Set aside.
- Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl or KitchenAid and combine.
- With your hands, form meat mixture into mini meatballs and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Bake time will be slightly different depending on the size of your meatballs. Just keep an eye on them!
- Once cooled, store doggy meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Any remaining meatballs can be frozen!