Hearing the latest dog food recalls and warnings about certain pet foods liked to canine heart disease can be scary. Very scary! Since it seems like there’s been an uptick of alerts surrounding the pet food industry, I’m constantly asked: “What food do you feed your dog?” I get this question almost daily. And my answer is always the same: Fresh is best. But, up until this point, I haven’t shared what brand I personally use. Today, I’m changing that. Drumroll, please … The Farmer’s Dog!
In this video, I shared some exciting news. I reached out to the company and snagged you guys 50% off your first trial order! Just click HERE and you’ll get your 50% off!
What Is The Farmer’s Dog
The Farmer’s Dog is a real food subscription service that cooks fresh, human-grade dog food with your canine companion in mind.
Here’s how it works: On their website, you answer a few simple questions about your dog (like name, age, breed, weight, etc.).
You’ll be offered 3 formulas: beef, turkey, and pork. You choose which ones you want (it can be just one or all three). Then, The Farmer’s Dog whips up the meals and perfectly portions them out to your dog’s unique calorie needs.
Once your dog’s food is ready, it immediately gets packaged, labeled, and shipped over dry ice. The food will arrive at your house frozen, but it’s never been deep-frozen or stored on a shelf for months! My farm-fresh dog food always arrives at my house just 2 days after The Farmer’s Dog team packages it. Wanna know how I know that? They tell you right on the label. Check it out:
The packaging makes me smile. Seriously, if I had a tail, I’d wag it! It’s personalized with your dog’s name (how cute is that?!), tells you which formula is inside, how much to feed your dog (1 bag = 4 day’s worth of food), and the date it was packaged.
The Food Inside
The packaging may excite our eyes, but it’s what’s inside that matters most! Here’s a quick list of things to know:
- The Farmer’s Dog offers 3 grain-free recipes to choose from (beef, turkey, pork … I rotate the beef and turkey formulas)
- Food is delivered to you within days of cooking
- Human-grade meat and veggies.
- They say, “All of our ingredients are human-grade and sourced from reputable food suppliers, local farms, and other human food purveyors that meet USDA standards. We never use feed-grade ingredients, and we don’t process our ingredients to be shelf-stable, ensuring your dog is getting the highest quality, most natural nutrients available.”
- No red-flag preservatives
- You will never find “Meals” on the ingredient label. Did you know powders like “Chicken Meal” can contain meat from diseased livestock? Yuck!
- Formulated by veterinary nutritionists
- Famer’s Dog says, “Our board-certified veterinary nutritionists carefully formulate each recipe to be 100% complete and balanced according to AAFCO standards, and we use all human-grade ingredients and processes to do so.”
- Nutrition that exceeds industry standards for dogs (AAFCO)
- Made in USDA Kitchens
- When you put the food into your dog’s bowl, you can easily see all of the ingredients. Looks like human food, smells like human food!
- Auto-shipping and you can easily adjust shipping frequency, pause, or cancel anytime
- Free shipping
- Made in the USA
Get 50% Off Your Farmer’s Dog Trial Order
I am so proud to be feeding The Farmer’s Dog food and am excited to share my experience with you. Before posting this, I reached out to the company to see if I could get you a discount! And, good news: They’re offering Proud Dog Mom readers 50% off your first trial order.